Our School at a glance
How do you make a free, public, 21st century school that is caring, creative, fun, innovative, and sustainable? How do you ensure that school retains a rigorous curriculum that pushes every student to be and do his or her best? You create an Inspire Academy!
The curriculum at our Inspire Academies adheres to state standards in all subjects, including the core areas of language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies. But in order to fully address student needs, we have designed a "three-tiered curriculum" that not only meets state standards but also helps students follow their passions and become self-directed learners.
Students explore information daily in great depth via projects, field experiences, problem-solving, collaborative groups, oral and written communication, entrepreneurialism, and much more, using a skill mastery approach. This approach creates a dynamic learning experience that allows independent thinking and problem solving to develop and flourish.
Our curriculum includes:
- A core subjects curriculum based on Texas’ TEKS standards
- A personalized electives curriculum designed from the input of our students and parents
- An experiential curriculum highlighting things and events all children should be able to experience without regard to social class or income
In addition to our regular curriculum, students receive unique learning opportunities through our community mentorship program that reflects our four interlocking areas of growth. At Anne Frank, we work hard to:
- Become an expert learner (with problem solving and creative thinking skills)
- Develop leadership skills
- Become a person of principle and character
- Make the world a better place through service
Our schools are designed to create a small, family-like environment that allows each student and teacher to know one another and ensure that no one “falls through the cracks.” By partnering with award-winning, international architects at Fielding Nair, we’ve designed an incredible campus that includes eight outdoor learning areas (including a treehouse and amphitheater); a variety of creative, indoor learning studios (like Yoga studios); and zero hallways! All of our facilities are also equipped with seamless technology via SkyDrives.