Anne Frank Inspire Academy
A Preeminent 21st Century School K-12

Child Nutrition

Dear Parent(s),

The first day of school is soon approaching, and BRAINATION/Anne Frank Inspire Academy (AFIA) looks forward to the upcoming school year. As student enrollment at AFIA has steadily increased, we are reflecting on the needs of our school community. We would like to announce our partnership with FoodService Peeps (FSP), providing healthy and nutritious breakfast and lunch meals for the 2019–2020 school year.

FSP will be working with AFIA to provide meals under The National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program. We are planning healthy school meals many of which we will make from scratch in our own kitchen with chef-inspired menu choices. We will also be offering ala carte menu options that will include a variety of snack selections to fit into your child's healthy diet.

Meal pricing for the 2019–2020 school year will be as follows:

  • Student Lunch: full price is $3.00, reduced is $.40, and free is $0.
  • Student Breakfast: full price is $2.75, reduced is $.30, and free is $0.
  • Adult Lunch: $3.00; Adult Breakfast: $3.00.

We determine qualification for reduced or free pricing by household size and income guidelines. Therefore, we require completion of a free and reduced meal application for program participation. Eligibility guidelines are routinely adjusted; therefore, it is important to complete an application each school year. The application is quick, easy, and free, and is available online at the Titan School Solutions website. Under program guidelines and to better serve the students, we will implement a "no charge" policy on the first day of school. We will also establish an online app for ease of access to student accounts and to pay for school meals at your convenience.

AFIA would like to emphasize the need and importance of students to participate in the program. The program is vital for students to be able to concentrate and be successful in the classroom. Additionally, as part of our increased efforts to provide a safe and secure school environment, we will be a closed campus for food and vendor deliveries.

We look forward to providing all students with the nutrition they need to succeed in school. We are very excited about the opportunity to make the dining experience at AFIA a memorable one. If you have questions, please feel free to contact me by email or phone.


Mandy Alandzes,
Child Nutrition Program Coordinator
Phone: (210) 638.5028

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: 

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights